1 lb. All Natural Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels
1 lb. tomatillos
10 garlic cloves
1 jalapeño pepper
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the tomatillos, onion and jalapeño pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes; the tomatillos should soften but hold together. Remove as needed to keep them from breaking down.
2. Use a slotted spoon or skimmer to transfer the vegetables and garlic to a blender or the bowl of a food processor. Reserve the cooking water.
3. If using a blender, remove the center knob of the lid; that will allow steam from the hot contents to escape. Place a dish towel over the opening. Puree until smooth.
4. Add the cilantro and cream; puree until smooth. They yield should be about 3 cups.
5. Add butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the mussels.
6. Cook uncovered for a few minutes, shaking the skillet. As soon as the mussels begin to open, add a little bit of the reserved cooking water and the pureed mixture to the mussels. Cook for 3 minutes, shaking the skillet to blend the liquids and coat the mussels, until it looks as if all of the mussels have opened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce seems to thick, add some of the reserved broth.
7. When the mussels are done, serve them hot.